Particle™ is a granular delay / pitch shifting pedal. It chops your signal into small grains and then rearranges, shifts, and mangles it, using the techniques of granular synthesis in real time. Results range from radical pitch and delay modulation to shimmering repeats to time stretching, stutter, and glitch sounds.
Five delay and three pitch modes give intuitive control over random delays, bubbling textures, time stretching, and rhythmic glitches. Take a unique approach beyond conventional delay, pitch, flanging, and chorus sounds. Freeze notes with adjustable threshold for stutter, punch in, or drone-line effects. Lock multiple parameters to tap tempo or MIDI sync with independent note divisions for intricate rhythms. Access all parameters via MIDI, tablet, or “modeless” front-panel operation for full control over granular processing.
The Particle 2 is performance friendly, with controls spaced for real-time tweaking and designed so you can explore new sonic territory while remaining in control. Use the assignable expression pedal or DIY-friendly remote switch for hands-free control. The Particle 2 is pedalboard-friendly with all jacks on top. With full MIDI control, stereo input/output, and +8 dBu maximum input level, it is also at home in modular setups or the studio.
- 3 pitch modes: detune, density, LFO
- 5 delay modes: random, density, LFO, random pitch, reverse
- Modes can be combined for control over all grain parameters
- Adjustable grain size and density
- Pitch shift +/- 1 octave
- Delay 0-2.5 seconds
- Feedback with adjustable lowpass filter
- Auto-freeze/stutter with adjustable threshold
- Tap tempo/momentary freeze footswitch
- Independent tap divisions for delay time, grain size, grain density, and LFO
- Soft touch bypass (momentary or latching), user replaceable
- Stereo input/output (TRS)
- Assignable expression pedal, remote switch, remote tap, or MIDI port
- Additional parameters via MIDI (USB or TRS)
- MIDI clock synchronization
- Presets (4 on front, 127 via MIDI)
- Web-based editor for editing presets and accessing hidden parameters
- TouchOSC template for iOS and Android
Designed and assembled in USA. Requires a 9V 250 mA center negative power supply (not included).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.